Senior Accounting Associate - Banking
Our client is a growing community bank that is seeking a promotable CPA with banking or public accounting experiences to support anticipated growth of the organization.
Reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer, we are seeking 3-5 years of progressive experiences. This position offers exceptional visibility and opportunity for learning expansion.
This is an opportunity for a strong accountant who is looking for personal and professional growth in a dynamic organization that values competence, professionalism and problem-solving curiosity. This important role will support the bank’s day-to-day accounting functions including monthly close process, preparation of financial statements, internal and SEC reporting and maintenance of the general ledger and reporting systems.
- Support accurate and timely reporting of monthly, quarterly and year-end financial information.
- Support maintenance of the Company's ledgers and reporting systems ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and regulatory requirements.
- Assist with preparing the bank’s quarterly 10Q and annual 10K SEC reports and schedules in accordance with GAAP.
- Perform month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entries.
- Develop and maintain reconciliation schedules, month end closing checklists, finance metrics and research variances.
- Research accounting guidance and draft memos as needed.
- Provide support for the annual Financial Statement Audit with outside auditors.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; and advising management on needed actions.
- Bachelor's degree with a major in Accounting or similar field, CPA required.
- A minimum of two years of experience in accounting, either in banking or public accounting.
- Strong general ledger systems experience.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel.
- Highly organized and proactive with strong attention to detail.
- Hands-on approach to getting the work done with solid problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well with others and promote a positive working environment.
- Positive communication skills.
compensation, incentives and benefits.