Job Title: Product Manager - Deposit Products
Location: United States-IL-Chicago
What will your day look like?
The Product Manager, Deposit Products is responsible for providing a high level of corporate leadership on our core value creating proposition to our customers and members; Our Deposit Products. The Product Manager is responsible for coordinating the integration point of Product, Channel, Platform and Content to deliver the Brand Value Proposition. The Product Manager will develop a comprehensive roadmap to build competitive, profitable products that help our target market to make progress in their lives. The Product Manager will be responsible for go to market strategy, competitive intelligence, member experience improvement, and product reporting. Resources to do the job require product marketing experience, member experience orientation, demonstrated data analytical skills, effective written and verbal communication skills, capacity to build and maintain strong internal partnerships, and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with all levels of the organization. General direction is received from the Director, Deposit Products and Payment Strategy.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Working with Director, Deposit Product and Payment Strategy, Finance, Operations, Digital, Marketing, and Technology, to coordinate the execution of defined product roadmaps
- Determine go to market strategies and member journeys to ensure growth strategies are aligned with the needs of our target market
- Prioritize a backlog of product enhancements against Member Feedback and Market Conditions
- Provide influence to Product design and feature
- Ensure all disclosures and marketing materials are compliant with regulations
- Provide ongoing monthly and annual reporting for the portfolio including analysis
- Ownership of the Banking Product, the financial instrument governed by regulation, terms, conditions and financial value
- Partner with Product Design and Strategy in the development of robust product roadmaps that are designed to help the Target Market to make progress in their lives
- Develop comprehensive go to market strategy for Deposit Products including product acquisition, retention, utilization and cross-sell
- Perform competitive intelligence to assess marketplace competition around product offerings, pricing, and experience
- Provide input into product pricing strategy based on competitive analysis, costs, and balance sheet goals and performance
- Identify opportunities for product revisions and for new products based on market input and competitive assessments. Develop product specifications and identify required resources for development.
- Seek and develop opportunities to improve member experience and reduce friction
- Provide input into annual business plan direction for deposit products
- Responsible for maximizing the financial performance of the deposit products under management
- Maintain a current knowledge of changing legislation and regulatory climate and recommend changes to products and services
- Contribute to special projects and team initiatives as needed
Adhere to and ensure compliance of all business transactions with policy and process of the Bank Secrecy Act. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, company procedures and policies. Maintains integrity and ethics in all actions and conversations with or regarding members and their accounts; complies with Privacy Act directives.
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Product Development, or a business related field, required, and you have:
- Experience in customer experience design or related customer centric positions
- 7+ years’ experience in product management (deposit product management preferred)
- Proven track record of leading cross functional teams to achieving a common goal and vision
- Exceptional analytical skills with a strong understanding of the financial industry
- Experienced in project management with strong, organizational, collaborative and consultative skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with senior leaders
- Computer proficiency utilizing MS Office Suite
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off