Environmental Health and Safety Manager
Depending on education and experience, salary up to 95K
Are you not overseeing others yet and ready to take on a managerial role?
Life is important; focus on a 40-45-hour per week position, especially in a geography like Sandusky, OH!
Spending too much time on safety when your passion is environmental?
Worried about stability? Not at this plant! Investments are being made and launches are coming in.
Stable manufacturer is recruiting an EHS Manager to lead the environmental and safety programs for their fast-paced plant. The EHS Manager will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Monitor, improve and regulate the plant environmental and safety policies and processes
- Keep updated documentation related to environmental and safety policies and regulations
- Create and deliver environmental and safety training to team members, including OSHA training related to confined space, lockout/tagout, etc.
- Make presentations to management team related to safety initiatives
- Lead the 5S directives for the plant
- Complete accident investigations and reports
- Perform regular site inspections for environmental compliance
- Maintain compliance of ISO 14001 standards
- Complete storm and waste water inspections
- Serve as the point of contact for external regulatory agencies (EPA, city officials, etc.)
- Complete permit modifications for new business
- Perform all safety training
- Completing additional tasks as assigned
Candidates should be willing to spend approximately 60%-70% of their time on environmental initiatives and projects. Candidates must be able to communicate directly and effectively at all levels, be self-motivated, take initiative on projects, work on multiple tasks and be hands on. This position requires candidates to be on the manufacturing floor up to 30% of their day, depending on project work. Individuals should have excellent floor communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with front line associates. This is a salaried position with medical, 401K, life insurance, vacation and paid holidays.
REQUIREMENTS for the EHS Manager:
1. Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with at least three years in an EHS position or an Associate's degree with at least seven years in an EHS position within manufacturing and/or distribution
2. Experience serving as the point of contact for EPA
3. Working knowledge of BWC
4. Project management of safety and/or environmental initiatives
5. Experience developing and completing OSHA training
6. Experience working on environmental projects, programs and/or training
7. Experience working on safety projects, programs and/or training
8. Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
Why work for this organization:
Skills preferred but NOT required:
1. Automotive supplier experience
2. Supervision experience
3. ISO 14001
1. This company is expanding their business mix and just initiated new launches
2. Competitive benefits package
3. Good work/life balance in a summer hot spot
4. Profitable organization
5. Capital expenditures are approved for this plant
6. Located close to a vibrant, revitalized downtown area
Candidates are preferred to be local to the Sandusky, Ohio area.
EHS, EH&S, environmental engineer, environmental specialist, EHS specialist, HSE specialist, HSE coordinator, HSE supervisor, environmental services coordinator, safety and environmental coordinator, environmental planner, environmental intern, environmental coop, EHS manger, HSE manager, safety engineer, safety coordinator, safety intern, safety coop