Our client is seeking a Process Engineer at their Houston facility.
Process Engineer will oversee the design and implementation of updates and upgrades to our unit processes. In addition, responsible for developing and implementing process control strategies, optimizing current process parameters, and maintaining process safety information and other documents.
The role provides process engineering and technical support to production units, environmental activities and plant projects. The overall goal of the role is to improve the plant’s performance in operations, process safety, and environmental impact.
• Propose, evaluate and prioritize improvement ideas, suggestions, and recommendations to improve capacity, efficiency, process safety, equipment reliability and quality improvement. Develop ideas into engineering solutions. Ensures processes comply with safety and quality standards.
• Work with operators, mechanics, electricians, and machinists to monitor process and equipment; develop operating instructions/procedures for engineering solutions.
• Analyze process and equipment data to identify trends and issues; use a variety of problem-solving techniques (root cause analysis, process simulation, etc.) to identify and solve problems.
• Manage Process Safety Devices and Participate as a key Member of the Process Safety Management Team
• Keep up to date with technology improvements and makes proposals for technological improvements in equipment
• BS in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
• Proven work experience as a Process Engineer
• Experience with process simulations software
• Knowledge of process design
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Ability to analyze problems deeply to determine the true root cause of failures
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multitask and handle multiple simultaneous assignments
• Experienced in leading and influencing others in a team environment
• Knowledge and experience with OSHA 1910.119
• Knowledge and experience with Aspen Process Engineering software
• Knowledge and experience with Bentley software
• Experience in 6-sigma and/or Kaizen methodology.
• Basic working knowledge of DCS hardware and software, PLCs and data historians in a chemical plant or refinery.
• Experience with advanced process control technology such as Aspen DMC
• Process control experience, including Advanced Process Control