Join a well-established and respected System Integrator that focuses in Water/Wastewater. They offer great benefits including a company vehicle with no usage restrictions.
As a Field Service Engineer, you will represent the company working directly with customers to provide services for control systems. This is a challenging position that requires multi-tasking, a leadership attitude, and a willingness to never stop learning.
Experience with PLC's, Windows-based control software, motor control, VFD's, and process instrumentation is desired for this position. This is a position that offers opportunities for advancement!
Work for an industry leader in automation near St. Paul, MN that has been in business for 50 years.
Travel is primarily in MN and surrounding areas; you will receive a company vehicle. You will train and work out of their St. Paul location when not at a client site. Compensation is salaried and the company vehicle is available for personal use, all maintenance, gas, and expenses are paid.
- AS in Engineering or related degree; or equivalent experience considered in lieu of degree.
- Must have an understanding of control systems and components.
- Proficient with PLCs and the ability to troubleshoot and modify. Experience with Allen-Bradley RSLogix 500 and 5000, Modicon, Siemens S7, or GE PAC systems. Allen Bradley is preferred.
- HMI experience such as Wonderware, FactoryTalk View, Cimplicity, or Intellution
- Experience with Windows-based control software and SCADA software packages, motor control, VFDs, and process instrumentation is also desired for this position.
- Communications networking experience including fiber optic, radio telemetry, broadband, and other associated technologies is desired.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with all levels of co-workers, management, contractors, and end-users.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks, have excellent attention to detail, and be willing and able to learn new technologies quickly.
- Travel up to 75% in the Midwest. Generally 1 to 4 nights per week, typically Monday - Thursday, and rarely over the weekend.
- Must have a good driving record.
- A company vehicle is provided for travel; airplane travel is rarely necessary.