Job Title: Sr. Internal Auditor
Location: United States-IL-Chicago
What will your day look like?
You will be responsible for independently leading the execution of internal audits of financial, operational, regulatory compliance, information technology, and ancillary processes (e.g., system access, business continuity, file maintenance) within the organization. This role includes oversight and review of Internal Auditor deliverables on an assignment basis. Work is directed towards validating and subsequently assessing whether proper controls and oversight are in place and being consistently executed, and that processes and procedures are appropriate for purposes of compliance related to government guidelines and law. The Senior Internal Auditor will conduct audit activities in order to assess potential areas of risk, appraise their significance, and make recommendations to improve system controls in a manner that is consistent with Internal Audit standards and quality assurance requirements. Resources to do the job require reliance on knowledge of accounting, auditing best practices, and applicable CFPB and NCUA guidelines, State of Illinois and other regulations applicable to financial services organizations. Direction is received from the Manger, Internal Audit.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Audit the processes, operations, activities and various other meaningful and/or statistical data of various departments and locations of the
- Develop audit scope and detailed testing approach, including the ability to identify any necessary changes to the audit approach throughout the audit process
- Develop, review, edit and submit audit reports and work papers that support audit conclusions and provide high value recommendations of enhancements, opportunities for improvement, as well as best practice opportunities
- Lead and mentor Internal Auditor during multi-person audits, including providing Manager, Internal Audit feedback on Internal Auditor performance to be incorporated into their evaluations
- Perform initial review of Internal Auditor audit work for completeness, effectiveness and accuracy on select engagements, as assigned
- Demonstrate the ability to identify a deficiency or issue through planning, inquiry, testing and/or analysis
- Demonstrate strong professional judgment and sound decision-making abilities while executing internal audits and other process reviews
- Experienced in using data and analytical processes, including Excel, to evaluate and support internal audit projects and reviews
- Simultaneously execute and complete multiple projects/assignments pursuant to department guidelines and within established timetables, with high-quality results
- Participate in activities such as projects, new initiatives, task groups, etc., in order to support development and implementation of new policies, processes, controls
- Provide feedback to the organization relative to proper internal control framework, Internal Audit industry best practices, compliance, and operational improvement opportunities
- Demonstrate ability to develop new risk-based audit methods, programs, procedures, processes or techniques
- Responsible for follow-up activities and assessment of action plans submitted by management
- Provide input and perspective to internal stakeholders with respect to mitigation strategies and action plans
- Assist in coordinating and facilitating requests by regulatory examiners, external auditors and other third parties
- Utilize general technology skills to facilitate efficient process with respect to the execution and documentation of audit projects and reviews
- Support administrative efforts of the Internal Audit function through support of special projects, review and update of policies and procedures information, maintaining continuing education and facilitating overall reporting to senior management and the Supervisory Committee