Must speak Spanish, Must automotive manufacturing, Must have time in Mexico taking care of Human Resources functions
USA – US and Mexico
Operation Director Americas; Global HR Director
· HR Manager MX
· HRIS/Payroll Coordinator US
· Training/Development Coordinator US
· Health & Safety Coordinator US
· In line with Global HR standards implements and/or develops HR policies and programs for the Americas organization. Major areas covered are organizational planning, organizational development, employment, training, employee relations, compensation, benefits, safety and health and employee services. Originates and maintains HR practices and objectives that will provide a balanced program throughout the organization. Coordinates implementation through HR staff. Assists and advises senior management on HR issues.
· Works with Global HR team while implementing and/or developing and/or initiating HR policies, procedures, and objectives for the organization. Assure adherence to company policies and rocedures regarding all applicable governmental regulatory compliance ssues.
· Adheres to company initiatives on business ethics and conduct.
· Determines employee relation practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale.
· Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting HR functions (e.g., OSHA, EEO, TEFRA, ERISA, Wage & Hour). Monitors exposure of the company. Directs the preparation of information requested or required for compliance. Approves all information submitted. Acts as primary contact with labor counsel and outside government agencies.
· Establishes wage and salary structure, pay policies and company safety and health programs. Monitors for effectiveness and cost containment.
· Establishes standard recruiting and placement practices and procedures. Interviews executive-level candidates.
· Establishes in-house management training programs that address company needs.
· Selects and coordinates use of HR consultants, insurance brokers, insurance carriers, pension administrators, training specialists, and other outside sources.
· Directs the preparation and maintenance of such reports are necessary to carry out functions of department.
· Keeps supervisors informed of significant problems that jeopardize the achievement of objectives.
· Responsible for participating as required by the Advance Product Quality Planning and Control Plan, multi-disciplinary activities, and reporting of these in the customer-prescribed format.
· Responsible for supervising and evaluating the performance of personnel in the HR Department, including: (a) initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformities relating to product, process and quality system; (b) identify and record any problems relating to the product, process and quality system; (c) initiate, recommend or provide solutions through designated channels; (d) verify the implementation of solutions; (e) control further processing, delivery or installation of nonconforming product until the deficiency or unsatisfactory condition has been corrected.
· Maintains adherence to company policies, safety standards and good housekeeping practices.
· Assumes other special activities and responsibilities as required or directed.
· Assures that management training and development needs are identified, and programs initiated.
· Assures that a positive employee relations position is maintained. Ensures that the company’s management principals, policies and programs are consistently practiced.
· Consults with all segments of management responsible for policy or action. Makes recommendations for improving the effectiveness of policy or practices.
· Ensures optimum performance of the function. Recommends and implements techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, cut costs, take advantage of opportunities, and maintain state-of-the-art practices.
· Has the authority to stop production, if necessary, to correct quality problems.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources.
· At least 10 years of working experience gained through increasingly responsible management positions within Human Resources operating in international, multi-country and multi-culture environment.
· Affiliations with successful multi-national production companies who practice effective Human Resource Management.
· Generalist background with broad knowledge of employment, compensation, organizational skills, employee relations, training and development preferred.
· High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted project in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
· Good interpersonal abilities and abilities to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, mature, and flexible.
· Cross-cultural awareness
· Good reasoning abilities and sound judgment.
· Excellent communication skill.
· Resourceful, well organized and an advocate of team concept.
· Strong administrative and management skills.
· Leadership skills.
· English must, Spanish will be additional asset.