MISSION / SUMMARY:
This position supports the Plant Controller and the plant operations team. Ensure timely and accurate reporting of financial results. Provide in-depth analysis of actual and forecast/budget results, and actively engage in mill projects and day-to-day accounting functions.
JOB FUNCTIONS:Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
- Provide timely and accurate cost analysis, sound financial advice and counsel to plant management to assist in minimizing manufacturing costs and meeting mill objectives. This includes an analysis of variances from budget and forecasts.
- Assist the Controller in the preparation of the annual budget. This includes providing analysis and interpretation of financial and statistical data to operating management and by working closely with mill personnel to establish cost forecasts representing good normal operating conditions.
- Responsible for preparing monthly outlook which includes understanding key issues within the mill and how they affect financial performance.
- Assist the Controller with timely and accurate general ledger (GL) account reconciliations for all inventory-related accounts including raw material, WIP, and finished goods.
- Responsible for key aspects of the month-end reporting to include analysis of fixed and variable cost variances.
- Complete monthly physical inventories and reconciliation.
- Participate in the monthly closing process to ensure that accurate and timely information is provided for both corporate financial reporting and plant cost control.
- Provide accounting support for all levels of the business.
- Assist with the preparation and/or review of the financial analyses of proposed projects to permit sound business decisions and to evaluate the results of completed capital appropriations.
- Ensure application of established financial controls within area of responsibility by effective implementation and maintenance of financial policies/processes and instructions.
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality performance by adopting a customer-based philosophy in the level of service provided.
- Mentor, train, and support financial staff within the group.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Stronganalytical, critical thinking, and organizational skills, detail orientation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with all levels of employees and management.
- Demonstrated ability to implement creative solutions committed to continuous improvement.
- High level of integrity to ensure accurate reporting of financial data.
- Can work independently without a great need of supervision. Takes initiative and is self-directed.
- Can manage multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and be well organized.
- Advanced Excel skills required.
- Comfortable with the use of accounting and operational systems - SAP experience a plus.
- Commit to working safely and support/promote all mill safety initiatives and programs.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 3-5 years work experience which includes manufacturing operations and cost analysis and will have demonstrated strengths in cost accounting and analysis, planning and forecasting and interpersonal skills.
- 1-3 years of cost accounting experience preferred.
- Have a broad appreciation and understanding of finance, business management and the interrelationships among these disciplines, as well as thorough knowledge of standard cost accounting.
- Understanding and ability to implement necessary internal controls, GAAP, including SOX experience.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- A Bachelors degree in finance or accounting or related field is required.
- An MBA or CPA will be considered a plus.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Great opportunity with spectacular benefits and great relocation. Seeking a promotable individual
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 85000
Salary Max : 105000
Currency Type : US Dollars