Job Summary - infusion pharmacist.
Home Infusion experience strongly preferred.
The infusion pharmacist serves in a leadership/management capacity, overseeing pharmacy operations, and provides clinical pharmacy services to consumers and referral sources through the appropriate evaluation of prescriber orders, compounding of sterile preparations, and safe and efficient dispensing of medications, supplies, and administration equipment. The infusion pharmacist will also supervise the activities of pharmacy support personnel, as well as quality control and performance improvement procedures. This position reports to the pharmacy owner(s).
- Required: Licensed pharmacist in good standing with the Board of Pharmacy in the state of patient services; actively licensed in the state of patient services
- Required: Good interactive skills with employees, referral sources, physicians, and consumers
- Preferred: Three (3) years clinical experience
- Preferred: Minimum one (1) year experience with infusion therapy and sterile compounding
- Preferred: Sterile compounding training
Preferred: Experience with management of pharmacy support personnel