High-End Manhattan Residential Loan Originating Experience a Must.
Upper East Side, Manhattan based.
Opportunity to work remotely and use branch offices as needed.
Base Salary + excellent commission plan and paid expenses.
- Incumbent has thorough knowledge of mortgage products, documentation, qualify criteria and regulations. Generally equivalent to five (5) years of mortgage origination experience.
- Experience originating $1.7M and higher residential mortgage loans in the high-end Manhattan real estate market.
- An understanding of Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
- Communication skills are essential. Incumbent must demonstrate ability to listen. Should have experience in training and counseling.
- Required to be productive with minimum supervision and available for customers/prospective customers at their convenience.
- Must regularly engage away from the Bank's facilities while making sales calls or obtaining applications. Strong time management and goal oriented skills are required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides service to prospective mortgagors seeking residential mortgage loans by:
- Interviewing applicants to develop information concerning their needs and earnings to assist in determining whether the loan will be an acceptable risk; obtains and analyzes pertinent income, credit and other financial data.
- Assisting the borrower with the appropriate completion of the mortgage application, obtaining necessary forms and legal documentation and collecting the appropriate fees required for outsourced services.
- Following the application process to insure that the borrower receives timely service and that the loan is closed to the satisfaction of the bank and the mortgagor. Interceding when information is needed or requires clarification.
- Maintaining and updating referral lists for evaluation and follow-up.
- Developing Realtor, builder, attorney, accountant, community group relationship sources as assigned, or established by Home Loan Specialist, or on own initiative to establish new sources of business.
- Develops new business or retain existing business by calling on existing bank customers and borrowers to help with potential refinances and second home purchases.
- Represents the bank at trade shows, industry forums and sponsored community home-buyer workshops by delivering mortgage presentations and/or developing leads.
- Keeps informed of trends, developments, and regulatory changes in the mortgage, consumer lending and real estate industries by attending internal training and outside seminars and webinars.
New York City Metropolitan Area Candidates Only.