We have an immediate opportunity for a Water Resources Resident Engineer/ Certified Technician to join our Client's team in Atlanta, GA.
Responsibilities to include:
- Perform monitoring, inspection, and evaluations during construction and rehabilitation of dam and other water resource projects.
- Coordinate and communicate effectively with multi-discipline teams, consultants, owner, contractors and third-party inspection/testing firms.
- Familiarity with procedures and processes typical of geotechnical, civil and structural engineering, construction materials testing, and construction for dam and other water resource projects.
- Familiarity with civil sitework,, dewatering, subgrade preparation, earthwork, structural concrete construction, concrete and asphalt pavement construction and applicable ASTM/ACI testing procedures.
- Capable of review and implementation of project design plans and technical specifications for multiple and concurrent projects.
- Preparation of daily reports, determination/verification of material quantities, review of pay applications, and performance of project management responsibilities.
- Willing to travel and stay local to projects as needed.
Minimum professional qualifications:
- B.S. degree in a Civil Engineering, Engineering Technology, and Building/Construction Science, or Associate Degree in Engineering Science
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant field construction experience.
- Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in computer software typically used (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Position will lead to increasing levels of responsibility, client development and project management.
Preferred professional qualifications:
- Minimum NICET Level II in Soil and Concrete, OSHA 30 Hour Certified or GDOT Certified Construction Engineering Inspector