SITUATION IN ORGANIZATION
This position will have a solid reporting line to the Americas Regional President and strong dotted line to the Global Vice President of Human Resources. Primary functional direction will come from the Global Vice President of Human Resources.
This position leads the strategic HR initiatives for North America
The position requires an experienced HR professional well versed in all aspects of human resources including talent acquisition and development, compensation and benefits, succession planning, workforce planning and development and employment law.
The role requires strong analytical ability as well as full capability to successfully negotiate to a positive outcome, mediate between differences of opinion, make sound, fair judgments in support of business objectives and provide trusted counsel to the Regional Leadership Team.
The position requires that the individual be seen as a valued, contributing, and collaborative member and teammate within the Americas Leadership Team as well as within the Global HR team.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
➢ Establish personal credibility and build and maintain strong partnerships at multiple levels.
➢ Serve as the key contact point for all HR issues within the Americas region. Provide consulting services in the areas of change management, compensation, performance management, talent planning, employee relations, organizational effectiveness, and leadership development.
➢ Ensure awareness and compliance with HR policies within the Americas region
➢ Implement/execute HR practices and initiatives within Americas regions: Performance Management Process, Talent Review Process, Engagement Survey and follow-up action plans, Reward & Recognition program, Job (re)evaluations and other compensation-related practices,
➢ Develop both individual and organizational capacity to achieve business goals.
➢ Initiate actions or projects for greater/cost effective workforce planning and management, succession planning and employee engagement within the Americas regions
➢ Assess, monitor, and address employee questions and concerns.
➢ Advise and bring resolution to employee relations issues
➢ Lead the HR Operations processes (e.g., recruitment, on-boarding, development promotion and exiting) within the Americas region
➢ Establish metrics and a dashboard to report on activity and progress to the GVP of HR. ➢ Contribute as needed to Executive leadership meetings through presentations of the metrics and dashboard
➢ Understanding the concept of designing, building, and implementing more productive ways of working and demonstrating return on investment.
➢ Possess knowledge of forecasting models, workforce planning, experience in managing through KPIs and project management and planning.
➢ Provide leadership, coaching, and performance management to hiring managers and HR leadership.
➢ Lead or contribute to special projects, inside and outside of the HR function, on an as needed basis
➢ Actively share best practices and suggestions/solutions within the HR team –locally and globally- to ensure continuous improvements of our practices, processes, and systems. ➢ Regularly review reports and analyze statistical data on all aspects of employment activity to identify trends, issues, and related causes. Develop recommended solutions and improvements as needed in employment policies, processes, and practices. ➢ Maintain records, statistical reports on recruiting, interviews, hires, transfers, promotions, terminations, and performance appraisals.
➢ Strong people management experience including a demonstrated history in developing strong HR service capabilities.
➢ Good people skills and ability to network within the industry to identify top performers for your team.
➢ Result Oriented, focused on outcomes & KPI achievement, not only inputs. ➢ Provide strong insights from talent market research and benchmarking that influence talent strategies.
➢ Work with the leaders to ensure that successful, differentiated hiring is achieved with improved employee and candidate experience as a key to success.
➢ Programmatically design and manage effective internal resource planning that directly impacts recruitment productivity and can meet changing business needs.
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
➢ 30% Travel for the purpose of visiting the five Americas regional sites, HR team building events, a possible global trip for a HR meeting (no more than once every few years), or any offsite event programs.
➢ The position will work 2-3 days per week from either the corporate offices. Primary office is in north metro Philadelphia. The remaining days can work from home office.
➢ Leadership skills and project management skills are needed, as well as the ability to function at a strategic level but also at a tactical level to implement initiatives successfully.
➢ Organizational/planning skills are critical for this role.
➢ Composure, ability to build rapport and trust, good judgment and analytical skills are also needed to be effective in the role.
➢ A sense of urgency and an initiative-taking approach to addressing HR issues is required. ➢ Ensures qualitative and cost-effective workforce management
➢ Develops and maintains human resources strategies/procedures/programs linked to the Americas region’s strategies.
➢ Fosters an environment that encourages and rewards continuous individual growth and delivery of results.
➢ Provides support to leadership teams of Americas region through advice, coaching, and development.
- Contributes to the continuous improvements of HR practices, processes, and data management.
REQUIRED EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS /WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) is required; a master’s degree is strongly preferred.
- 10+ years of experience working as a generalist in the Human Resources field o Minimum 7 years at the management level with experience encompassing recruiting/employment, employee relations, compensation, performance management, training, employee development.
o Experience in the manufacturing industry preferred
o Experience dealing with other cultures is preferred
- Must be a strategic and results-oriented leader, have a strong business orientation and be able to react quickly and effectively to changing situations.
- Effective at coaching at many levels; especially executives and managers. • Demonstrated ability to develop strong consultative relationships with business executives and be a valued, collaborative team member in an HR organization
- Track record of success in the implementation of HR solutions.
- Strong project management, time management and organizational skills. • Strong functional knowledge of human resources management (recruitment/employment, employee relations, compensation, performance management, training, employee development).
- Demonstrated analytical skills and experience with analytics/KPIs, Metrics. • Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as a part of a diverse team • Effective written and verbal communicator, in both one-to-one and group discussions • Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Experience with key HR processes and systems is needed; knowledge of different HRIS systems is preferred.
- Broad knowledge and experience in HR practices, policies, laws, and regulations.
- DEMONSTRATED COMPETENCIES
- Must be able to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Clear understanding of the recruitment life-cycle process.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with clients, vendors, and partners (HR and the business).
- Strong oral and written communication skills, problem solving ability and decision-making skills.
- Initiative-taking results/action oriented and able to work with a high degree of autonomy. Demonstrated analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail by achieving thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong people skills. • Strong people management experience
- Ability to drive change and implement new strategies which support the organization's goals and objectives.