Job Summary of Technical Account Manager - ADAS
Our client, a global leader in vehicle safety technology, is looking for an Account Manager - ADAS to join their team. In this position, you'll use your blend of engineering and business development background to identify/secure new business opportunities. You'll also oversee engineering changes and warranty quality issues for ongoing business.
This is a high-visibility position, with a good amount of autonomy. The company is a leader in this space, and they offer long-term growth opportunities in this expanding market.
Responsibilities of Technical Account Manager - ADAS
- Grow the sales account, by maintaining current products as well as introduction of new products according to company strategy
- Identify target projects and create strategy to secure them
- Improve profitability of existing business
- Secure customer funding of any development activities and technical change requests
- Lead new program quotation process, including:
- Financial calculations
- Internal approval process
- Negotiation with the customer
- Coordination with projects, engineering, finance, logistics and manufacturing departments.
- Provide support to project teams (be knowledgeable about project activities, leverage sales activities as needed, etc.)
- Prototype orders, including quote submission and sample delivery negotiation
- Secure engineering income related to tasks which are not included in original quotation
- Coordinate with sales counterparts globally
- Seek and understand global market situation, including competitor business
- Sales administration activities (annual price reductions, vehicle volume/price updates, engineering payments, etc.).
- Manage customer intelligence related to: market share, competition, market trends, customer satisfaction KPI, etc.
Qualifications of Technical Account Manager - ADAS
- Bachelors Degree in Science, Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience in the automotive technology market
- A background that's a mix of engineering and account/project management
- Strong understanding of product development and quotation process
- Manufacturing & quality experience in automotive industry
- Experience with GM is a plus
Compensation & Other Details
Salary Range: $110,000-130,000/year+, plus bonus and benefits
Location: Southfield, MI
Travel: As and when required
Relocation Assistance: Yes
Visa Sponsorship: H1B transfers and TN only