Sr. Sourcing Manager-Portland OR
(this position could also be managed from Madison WI, Richardson TX or Fremont CA)
- Manage and improve key global supplier relations focused on Quality, Logistics, Cost and Innovation.
- Support division P&L by engaging with critical stakeholders with regard to supply resilience, procure-to-pay efficiency, category alignment, and executing CoGS targets.
- Draft, negotiate, implement and maintain global agreements with assigned suppliers.
- Prepare and execute negotiations on terms & conditions for assigned suppliers.
- Manage escalations regarding delivery, quality and overall performance issues.
- Develop and deliver on CoGS reduction initiatives.
- Generate actionable supply market knowledge (outside-in view) for assigned (sub) category.
- Ensure supply continuity by screening & assessing suppliers.
- Run risk management program with assigned suppliers, incl. RCCMs when needed.
- Support and contribute to global procurement strategy of company Materials & Structural Analysis division ("MSD").
- Build and actively maintains relationships with sourcing colleagues in other MSD sites as well as other departments (R&D, Operations, Quality, Finance and Legal), which include setting up and leading Supplier Account Teams.
- Act as Sourcing Project Leader ("SPL") for NPI project teams to secure supply chain decisions that are in line with the sourcing (sub-category) strategy
- Assure timely procurement contribution to PMP milestone gates (cost control, risk, and supply continuity)
- Ensure that PMP deliverables are met, and deviations/risks are identified, and addressed with Analytical Instruments Group ("AIG") category teams
- Maintain a supply chain map incl. tooling/testing requirements throughout a project
- Cooperate with FP&A and R&D project leader to establish a CoGS monitor in place and updated
- Ensures risk buys are executed by site operations purchasing team
- Initiate ramp-up planning with supplier
- Contribute to value chain optimization
- Ensure alignment and synergies across company divisions where possible
Qualifications-Semiconductor strongly experience preferred
Bachelor’s Degree required (preferably in Mechanics/Electronics/Business/Industrial Engineering, or Supply Chain Management)
- 10 years of experience (at least 5 years in the field of purchasing and with innovation NPI process)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Preferably trained in specialized Sourcing/Purchasing/Procurement skills
- Analytical / systematic, practical approach
- Good communication skills (reporting, interpersonal)
- Excellent English language skills (verbal and in writing
This position requires a person that has a consistent track record of being able to work in a complex and ever evolving environment, is used to work with a large scope of responsibilities and can set priorities. Ideally has a background in Sourcing, Supply Chain and/or Project Management roles, preferably in a High-Tech Systems environment with high diversity and low volumes.