Field Service Technician – full-time/permanent position
§ Remote position
§ Military encouraged/ Veteran friendly
Our client is a global leader within the packaging industry and designs and manufactures equipment utilized to identify products, trace products, and protect company brands from counterfeiting. As a leading manufacturer of labeling, coding, and marking equipment, their products are utilized for printing logos, bar codes, lot codes, expiration dates, QR codes, etc. on consumer goods packaging.
§ You will be part of a dynamic team with incredible camaraderie where having fun is very important.
§ As a Field Service Technician, you will work with diverse world-class manufacturers, you will see how a wide variety of products are made.
§ You will work in a leading global company, with a manager who cares about you, and will help you to develop the best possible version of yourself.
As a Field Service Technician (full-time/permanent position), you are the front line of customer interaction through delivering efficient field service support in your assigned territory. With advanced technical and product training, you will further contribute to the success of the company. In this entrepreneurial role, you operate from home and commute to some of the world’s largest manufacturing companies. Everyday will be a new adventure as our customers include a wide variety of industries including: food, beverage, pharmaceutical, health and beauty, building products, automotive, etc. You will support customers by exceeding expectations through installations, repairs, and maintenance of coding and marking equipment.
- Enhance customer satisfaction providing exceptional customer service.
- Travel to customer sites and provide installation, emergency repairs, preventative maintenance services, and training.
- Maintain first time fix, field response time, and customer satisfaction rate.
- Verify that machines are operating at peak efficiency through proper installation and/or setup and testing.
- Work as part of a regional and national field service team to drive customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for timely and accurate documenting and reporting of all service related activities.
- Provide timely feedback to quality department on equipment reliability and design.
- Maintain a satisfactory parts inventory, requisitioning additional parts required to perform normal duties.
- Exercise safe working practices and procedures at all times.
- Complete detailed and accurate service reports and expense reports.
- Conduct training with customer’s employees to ensure an understanding of the theory of operation, proper functionality, and general maintenance of equipment.
· Prior experience in diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing electro-mechanical equipment.
· Being able to communicate effectively with all levels within an organization, from front line operators to senior management, and remaining professional at all times.
· Knowledge and experience reading schematics and utilizing multimeters.
· Ability to read, comprehend and interpret technical information involving mechanics and electronics.
· Adaptability and flexibility is critical in the support of all customers.
· Previous military or transitioning veterans encouraged to apply.
· Prior Field Service Technician experience a plus
· Basic networking skills a plus.
· Compensation $65,000-75,000 per year plus overtime
· Company provided cell phone, laptop and tools
· All travel expenses covered
· Generous paid holidays and personal time off
· Exceptional benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
· 401k with a company match
Keywords: Field Service Technician, Electronics, Electromechanical Skills, Equipment Repair, Schematics, Service Engineer, Maintenance, Technician, Military, Veteran, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Army, Veterans encouraged