Job Title: Sr. Software Engineer
What will your day look like?
You will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of web based application development projects. Work involves moderate difficulty in working on multiple and complex high-level projects concurrently. Resources to do the job require reliance on technical knowledge of .NET and structured programming concepts, architecture and process enhancement. We are looking for someone who is focused on industry standard programming concepts, best practices and cares about the code they write and end results. General direction is received from the Manager, Software Engineering.
Do you see yourself doing this?
.NET / Web Development
- Develop, create, and modify finance web applications software, APIs or specialized utility framework components. Analyze business needs and develop software solutions for public or internal use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. Analyze and design application database solutions, collaborating database development efforts across organization.
- Responsible for full life cycle development of web-based applications to include design, implementation, testing and maintenance of simple to highly complex web application features and components.
- Conducts detailed analysis of system interactions to determine technical solutions and resolves problems which are cost effective and consistent with user needs, system capacities and capabilities.
- Conduct cross-functional code review.
- Works on multiple high-level projects/features concurrently. Lead Engineer on projects of a large scope and/or complexity.
- Utilizes effective project management techniques in planning, estimating, controlling and completing assignments in Agile / SAFe environment.
- Identifies problems related to primary financial software application and determines corrective action.
- Develops custom programs when required.
- Works with Service Desk and/or Application Support Specialists to troubleshoot complex problems and member service issues.
- Identifies and implements solutions to complex issues that are related to production level code defects or process changes.
Training – 10%
- Trains and mentors entry to mid-level Developers and Engineers.
- Trains Service Desk on operational procedures and processes developed by the Senior Software Engineer.
Adhere to and ensure compliance of all business transactions with policy and process of the Bank Secrecy Act. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, company procedures and policies. Maintains integrity and ethics in all actions and conversations with or regarding credit union members and their accounts; complies with Privacy Act directives.
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if you have a completion of a Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field with relevant Microsoft Certification, and you have:
- 5+ years’ experience in application development using .NET Framework, .NET Core and/or Core Financial Systems Framework
- Experience in TDD, continuous integration, and code review practice is strongly desired
- Advanced understanding of source control management
- Prior agile / SAFe experience required
- Demonstrated expertise and understanding of development process, including specification, documentation and quality assurance required.
- Technical knowledge in software development methodologies, design patterns and implementation required
- Experience working as the technology lead on several projects/features concurrently is desired
- Ability to have ownership and autonomy to work on tasks and be pro-active in managing them end to end
- Experience with MVC
- Experience with Web API
- Experience with WCF
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft technology solution stack
- Familiarity with unit testing and mocking concepts and frameworks
- Prior experience with release automation desired
- Experience with Developing in Azure Cloud is plus
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off