Responsible for developing and coaching a staff of QA Technicians and handling the Plant's Quality Control (QC)
and Quality Assurance programs. Ensure compliance with company and government procedures. Inspect, audit
and validate all phases of quality performance (quality at the source, raw materials, production, packaging and
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Maintain and grow our Safety Culture assuring Food Safety and a safe work environment in alignment
with our 5 Principles
• Comply with Food Safety Practices, maintain SQF certification through compliance with Good
Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Quality Procedures, SQF requirements and good housekeeping. Plant
should always be prepared for inspections or tours.
• Support the plant’s SQF certification program.
• Recognizing QA policies, procedures, and directives for development and compliance whilst providing
feedback and follow up to ensure proper corrective action is achieved.
• Coaching and development of all QA Technicians so they can monitor and validate plant quality process
• Focus on continual growth of our Quality at the Source program, ensuring that the program is effective,
and the Processing and Packaging Team Members are preforming their own quality checks.
• Communicate information amongst departments by identifying and troubleshooting problems in the
• Prepare necessary reports and provide regular feedback to keep management informed of business
• Perform various duties under the direction of the Quality Assurance Department Manager.
• Ensures compliance with corporate standards and systems to monitor food safety, food safety culture,
quality and facility cleanliness
• Commitment to safety begins with management. Managers and frontline supervisors are accountable for
creating and maintaining a culture of Safety and assuring a safe work environment.