Our client specializes in solutions for vehicle interior systems that ensures safe and comfortable control for the cars of today and the future. With over 3,000 employees globally they are creating the future with their Advanced Solutions.
We are looking for an excited and talented Principal Software Engineer to help push their organization forward by helping in the following areas:
We're currently looking for an excited and talented Principal Software Engineer to help us push our organization forward by helping us in the following areas:
- Contacting customers to promote new products, resolve engineering related issues, and discuss product requirements.
- Recommending funding and manpower needs for projects.
- Discussing, negotiating, and advising a best solution, for the customer and the company. The solution includes, but is not limited to, cost, specification, schedule, testability, and serviceability.
- Developing, approving, and implementing product specifications. These define product performance as a function of customer requirements, manufacturing and durability requirements.
- The Principal Engineer schedules design programs from product concept to production. It is the Principal Software Engineer's responsibility to develop the schedule, track program progress, and ensure commitments to schedule are carried out.
- Developing and approving concepts for new product designs. The Principal Software Engineer assesses emerging, Lead technologies.
- Maintaining product design responsibility, analyzing test results of designs and taking action necessary to ensure design capability to customer specification, intent, and quality.
- Coordinating design activities with other functional disciplines. Activities include, but are not limited to, conducting design reviews, and concurrent engineering meetings to ensure products are manufacturable, reliable, and low cost
- Leading up to six software personnel in design, build, and test of products. The Principal Software Engineer is responsible for subordinates' work quality and motivation. The Principal Software Engineer assists in assessing subordinates' strongest capabilities and assigns work accordingly.
- Demonstrating, daily, leadership. This includes written and verbal correspondence, effective listening and negotiating. The Principal Software Engineer is recognized, both within and outside the company, as a leader regarding product or system development.
- Providing technical assistance for production facilities.
- Performing all duties, assignments, and supervision in accordance with policies.
- Conducting themselves in a highly professional, ethical manner.
The Winning Candidate must possess a B.S.E.E. or similar technical background and a minimum of five years’ experience in Embedded Software Design Engineering. The Software Engineer should design and deploy software strategies to new and/or existing applications, per Customer requirements, document and demonstrate solutions by through testing and developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code, practice highly professional and ethical standard of excellence.
Primary Working Relationships:
- Work with the SW Engineering team to design and develop assigned software components
- Work with System & Testing Engineers and coordinate software test activities
- Work with a team of Software Engineers in a collaborative environment to produce a common product
Required technical skills include:
- Familiarity with the Vector Tool chain (CANoe, CANapy, CANalyzer, etc)
- Experience with Embedded Software Debuggers / Emulators / Logic Analyzers
- Familiarity with concepts of:
- Software V / Spiral Model
- Software Lifecycle ALM
- Embedded Cyber security
- Automotive SPICE
- ISO 26262
- Mathworks Matlab/Simulink and AUTOSAR are a plus.