Human Resources Manager (Onsite)
Greater Chicago IL
The Human Resources Manager, due to regular employee interfacing, this position requires the majority of time to be onsite with occasional WFH. This role reports to the VP of Global Human Resources and serves as the strategic HR partner to the operations leaders and site HR teams. This position acts as an advisor on HR issues and activities including leadership and organizational development, succession planning, performance management, compensation, employee relations, employee engagement initiatives, talent recruitment and selection, best practices, and ethics compliance.
- Serve as the lead HR role for the operations team and align HR activities with the strategic and operations plans
- Provide thought leadership and coaching support to operations and HR leaders
- Provide leadership and support in the selection, hiring, development, and retention of employees
- Lead workforce planning, organization design, and high impact talent development efforts
- Support the development of an environment which supports employee and organizational growth
- Foster strong communications focused on continually improving organizational culture
- Provide guidance on employee relations matters and all areas affecting employee morale
- Elevate the quality and accountability of goal setting, development, and performance discussions
- Lead talent reviews and succession planning activities for client groups
- Maintain knowledge of HR legal requirements, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Advise on labor relations issues and ensure compliance with all Federal, State, and Local regulations.
- Other duties as assigned by upper Management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field is a must. PHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP highly preferred.
- 10+ years HR business partner experience in a lead role with a minimum of 2+ direct reports
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing and/or industrial environment
- Excellent problem solving, communication, influencing and relationship-building skills
- High level of integrity, trustworthiness, and respect for confidentiality
- Previous leadership responsibility for transformation or organizational change initiatives