Principal Investigator - Fibrotic Pharmacology
This is a high-touch leadership role that helps the team focus on customer service and scientific rigor while helping to move the science forward with their expertise.
The Principal Investigator – Fibrotic Pharmacology directly reports to the Senior Director of Pharmacology and is responsible for executing, planning, and managing assigned studies. The successful candidate will have direct knowledge of the time and costs associated with a given amount of scientific work, can communicate their scientific expertise to other scientists, directors, VPs, and CEOs of client companies, and can execute multiple, concurrent studies within a guaranteed time frame.
- Manage a team of technical staff and assist with all aspects of the study design
- Generate clear study guidelines and protocols with all clients and customers
- Aid with disease induction and study modeling
- Assess and report on projects to all stakeholders
- Coordinate study activities with all participants, including animal technicians and principal investigators
- Communicate significant knowledge of conducting animal disease models and related activities
- Follow and support company policies (Handbook, OHS, SOPs, QPBR, Program for Care and Use of Animals, IACUC)
- Review and enter data into study management systems
- Collect blood and dosing (as needed)
- Conducts necropsies (as needed)
- Compound formulation (test articles, disease induction, and positive controls)
- Process and store study samples
- Master of Science Degree in Biology, Ph.D. Preferred
- Experience working with Fibrosis Disease models (Renal, Hepatic, Pulmonary, etc)
- Previous management of technicians is a plus
Employees are offered a fun, fast-paced work environment with competitive pay, benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k with company match, stock options, and much more!