Depending on years of experience, salary up to 109K + bonus, profit sharing, 401k and benefits day one of employment
Do you have experience making process improvements, including scrap reductions and increasing efficiencies within packaging environments?
Do you enjoy spending time on the manufacturing floor?
Would you like to be diverse in your engineering tasks and projects?
Would you like to have opportunities for future career advancement and have excellent benefits day one of employment?
This position is for you! Apply today!
Fast-paced manufacturer is seeking a Packaging Engineer to optimization initiatives in their high-volume, process-oriented manufacturing organization. Daily you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Overseeing packaging processes and making improvements
- Troubleshooting processes in an assigned packaging area
- Developing and improving line layouts and making line modifications
- Monitoring production metrics and KPIs
- Working closely with hourly and salary staff to achieve production and engineering goals
- Completing mechanical troubleshooting
- Designing fixtures, gauges and equipment specifications in 2D and 3D software
- Conducting project proposals and completing cost justifications
- Participating in and leading Kaizen events throughout the plant
- Supporting capital equipment projects related to packaging
- Overseeing contractors and project management
- Other duties as directed by management
Candidates should enjoy working in a team environment and have the ability to take ownership of projects. Individuals should enjoy spending 40% or more of their time on the manufacturing floor. This is a high-profile position that will partner daily with production and quality. The company offers EXCELLENT medical benefits (including dental and vision), profit sharing and bonus potential, short-term and long-term disability, 401K, paid holidays, vacation and tuition reimbursement. Medical benefits are available the first day of employment.
REQUIREMENTS for the Packaging Engineer:
1. Bachelor's Degree in a technical field
2. Minimum of three years of packaging engineering experience in a similar manufacturing environment
3. Experience completing CI functions, including scrap reductions, improving line efficiencies, etc.
4. Mechanical aptitude
5. Formal problem solving experience, including root cause analysis
6. Blueprint reading and working knowledge of 2D and/or 3D software
7. Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
Skills preferred but NOT required:
1. Experience with consumer goods
2. FDA-regulated environments
3. Reliability experience
4. Lean and/or Six Sigma certifications
5. Project engineering experience
Why work for this organization:
1. Company supplies a diverse product line to multiple industries
2. EXCELLENT benefits, including 401K, profit sharing and bonus potential
3. Plant has capital projects approved
4. Good work/life balance
5. Fast-paced work environment, focused on continuous improvement and Lean initiatives
6. Opportunity for advancement
7. Diverse engineering position
Candidates are preferred to be local to the Lakewood, NJ area; a minimal relocation package may be offered to regional candidates
manufacturing engineer, R&D engineer, packaging engineer, process engineer, project engineer, chemical engineer, capital equipment, budget management, mechanical engineering technologies, manufacturing technologies, industrial technologies, industrial engineering, line layout, line modification, program management, mass production, paint, coating, e-coating, mechanical engineering, processing, chemical process, packaging, plastics, ovens, project engineering, project management, budgets, reliability engineer