This person will be responsible for method development activities, defining suitable analytical technology, and providing Subject Matter Expertise to on-site laboratory testing facilities. This person will be responsible for networking with professors and other industry leaders in analytical sciences and helping define new technology or improvements to existing analytical methodology
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads development, validation, documentation, and implementation of analytical methods
- Designs and runs validation studies for new and existing methods
- Directs preparation of samples and analyses on analytical instrumentation
- Engages with production facilities and serves as the technical expert for defining analyses to troubleshoot issues and improve operations
- Interprets data and presents reports to stakeholders with conclusions
This person will be part of a smaller but new R&D Lab center with around 15 employees. The company is growing and is working with salts, phosphorus, and lithium brine. The lab is in a great location within the Kansas City metro area. Great schools in the area too.
A Ph.D. degree in Chemistry, preferably Inorganic Chemistry with 3+ years experience. Experience in analytical testing and laboratory research. Experience developing, validating, troubleshooting, and implementing analytical methodology. Must have in-depth knowledge using analytical equipment including XRF, ICP-MS/OES, FTIR, UV-Vis/colorimeter, spectrophotometer, and Ion Chromatography.