Engineering Project Manager
The Engineering Project Manager within corporate engineering is responsible for both managing large capital projects, up to $20MM, as well as providing leadership to site engineering resources to successfully execute capital projects. This role has ultimate accountability for project scope, quality of the finished work, on-time and on-budget delivery of the project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
• Working with Corporate Engineering staff, plant staffs and other functions, perform design development, cost estimates, capital expenditure requests and process improvements.
• Ability to manage multiple projects in different fields ensuring
adherence to proper protocols, practices, and meet timelines.
• Implement new systems and standardize equipment requirements
• Research and assist in testing new technology.
• Ability to assess and understand complex operations and systems to support production operations.
• Track project progress, implementation, and costs.
• Continuously assess new equipment technologies for process improvements.
• Manage the planning and budgeting process for various
engineering improvements, with the goal of meeting project expectations and time requirements.
• Responsible for safety of project team including construction trades.
• Audits and assesses quality of fabrication and construction against industry standards and contractual requirements.
• Ability to assess and understand complex operations and systems to support production management. Track project progress, implementation, and costs.
• Provide Engineering leadership to manufacturing facilities.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Prior Project Management and Construction Management Experience including design oversight, equipment/trade Statement of Work development, and project reporting.
• Technical competence - Food Processing systems & equipment, facility construction and/or Utility systems.
• Lean Manufacturing background a plus
• Comprehensive problem solving/decision making skills
• Strong organization/administration - project management. Must be able to execute
and deliver results
• Communication skills - must be able to present complex technical
data both orally, in writing and in concise terms.
• Thorough understanding of OSHA,USDA, HACCP, FSIS, Food Safety and other requirements.
• Forthright with opinions and recommendations
• Demonstrated computer proficiency (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, AutoCAD)
Education, Experience and Certifications:
• BS degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
• 10-15 years Food Industry or Consumer Packaged Goods background. food and beverage dairy ideal industry experience a plus.
• Proven track record of construction project execution.
• Professional Engineer’s license, a plus
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY - You must be legally authorized to work in the USA without the need for sponsorship now or in the future.