Assiged tasks & duties:
- Conduct credit risk assessments by evaluating the financial position of borrowers considering prudent lending practices through financial/cash flow analysis and applying credit principles and banking regulations.
- Identify potential systemic problems in the life cycle of a credit from origination, underwriting, documentation, and problem loans.
- Develop problem loans in a timely manner in order to minimize loan losses and ensure effective credit risk management practices.
- Prepare written reports directed to lending department management, Senior Credit Administration personnel, Chief Audit Executive, Executive Management, and the Audit and Risk Committee. Summarize overall review findings including risk grade changes, impairment recommendations, and recommendations aimed at improving the quality of
- Validate the accuracy of the inputs to the models utilized in the credit grading/loan review system.
- Provide Senior Management and the Audit and Risk Oversight Committee with an objective and timely assessment of the overall quality of the loan portfolio.
- Develop internal loan review procedures to evaluate credit administration and residual credit risk, as well as manage the loan review program.
- Assess the adequacy of and adherence to Bank loan policies and procedures. Review compliance with relevant state, UCC and federal banking laws and regulations.
- Recommend appropriate loan risk grade or adversely classify loans, especially those with well-defined credit weaknesses that jeopardize the repayment.
- Evaluate the activities of lending personnel, ensuring such activities are compliant with lending policies and the quality of their loan approval, monitoring, and risk grading assessment.
- Discuss all noted deficiencies and identified weaknesses, and any existing or planned corrective actions, including time frames for correction, with appropriate loan officers and managers.
- Track corrective action of noted weaknesses through to resolution and report such action or inaction to Senior Management and the Audit and Risk Committee.
- Use a formal methodology to set the loan review scope and prepare ongoing risk assessments of the Bank’s portfolios.
- Evaluate credit risk of the loan portfolio by reviewing all lending departments and products through new production sampling, seasoned loans, and marginal and criticized loan reviews within the portfolios.
Credit Risk Loan Review Officer
Complete and submit the loan review risk assessment, program, and objectives to the Audit and Risk Oversight Committee for approval.
- Credit risk management best practices, policies and procedures.
- Financial analysis including ratio, trend, and cash flow analysis.
- Lending policy, procedures, loan documentation and appraisal requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills to prepare and present persuasive oral and written reports effectively to bank personnel of all levels, including internal and external auditors and regulatory examiners.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work independently.
- Prioritizing deliverables in a fast-paced and changing work environment.
- Utilize conflict resolution skills to improve the Bank’s goals and objectives.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Power Point).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, or Finance
- Minimum of 10 + years of direct loan review or loan audit experience, or a minimum of 15 + years of equivalent lending, credit underwriting or portfolio management experience.
- M.B.A. preferred.