Due to rapid expansion, we are seeking additional team members who value the opportunity to make a difference. You will be responsible for managing the Plant Food Safety and Quality Assurance Department to provide safe, high quality products. Ensure the food safety system is properly written, validated, documented and implemented as directed to ensure FDA regulatory compliance and the production of safe and wholesome products. Must provide solid leadership to achieve company, plant, and department goals through various management, evaluation and improvement skills and strategies that improve overall quality and profitability.
- Develop and maintain the food safety and quality assurance programs to include; HACCP, SOP’s, pest control, 3rd party audits and product/ingredient/environmental microbiological sampling.
- Manage all aspects of 3rd party audit process including correspondence and corrective actions.
- Ensures plant meets or exceeds all regulatory compliance obligations to include FDA, State, labeling, weights and measures, etc.
- Ensure HACCP compliance, training and reviews are maintained as required. Lead HACCP team.
- Manage 3rd party pest control firm.
- Direct the efforts of incoming ingredient audits and supplier performance.
- Manage the complaint process.
- Will be involved in the supplier approval process.
- Establish quality documentation system.
- Review data obtained during quality assurance activities to ensure consistency with company policies and procedures.
- Drive the development of the Quality Strategic plan.
- Participate as a strategic partner of the plant Management Team.
- Works collaboratively with Operations personnel.
- Develops team-based solutions to improve product quality, operational efficiency and plant sanitation levels.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Quality Management, Microbiology, or related field
Minimum five years of related experience and/or training in a food related industry.
HACCP-BRC-BETTER CONTROL PROCESS certified or ability to obtain at hire.
Communication, leadership, and problem-solving capabilities.
Team building, work prioritization and organizational skills.
Experience with Microsoft Office applications.