Embedded Software Test Engineer
Job Summary of the Embedded Software Test Engineer:
Software Test Engineer with test development and product qualification experience using Labview, along with knowledge of manufacturing test processes, is required for one of our clients in Austin, TX. This client is well known for their leading-edge ruggedized ADC, DAC, and digital signal processing products. This is a stable, growing company that is offering significant future opportunities to break into new technologies. On this role you will be responsible for developing and maintaining automated test sequences, software, firmware, and scripts to validate products during development through manufacturing. If you have very good experience with software development using C, C++ and Python along with the knowledge of communication protocols technologies, then this position is well suited to you.
Responsibilities of the Embedded Software Test Engineer:
- Develop and maintain automated test sequences, software, firmware, and scripts to validate products during development through manufacturing.
- Collaborate with product development teams to develop software, requirements, and plans.
- Work closely with our engineering and production departments to validate solutions as they are deployed in product qualification and manufacturing environments.
- Communicate status to key stakeholders in a timely and professional manner.
- Produce internal documentation for assigned tasks consistent with engineering processes and procedures.
Qualifications for the Embedded Software Test Engineer:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or other relevant fields
- At least 5 years of experience with software development using Python and C/C++
- Strong skills in LabVIEW development, along with other National Instruments tools (especially TestStand)
- Certifications such as CLD (Certified Labview Developer) and/or CLA (Certified Labview Architect) are preferred.
- Experience in writing test software at hardware/driver level
- Experience developing manufacturing test processes/solutions
- Understanding of Windows and Linux along with the Python, Bash, and other scripting languages
- Familiarity with computer architectures and hardware designs
- Practical knowledge of peripheral interfaces and protocols such as PCI/PCIe, USB, SATA, SPI, I2C, Ethernet, and Video (DVI, VGA, Display-Port, etc.).
Compensation of the Embedded Software Test Engineer:
Salary Range: Up to 85K-127K/year, depending on experience
Location: Austin, TX
Travel: Up to 25% (As and when required)
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: No. US Citizens or Green Card Only
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful – Software, Test, C, C++, Python, Firmware, hardware, driver, Linux, windows, bash, scripting, Communication, technology, protocols, PCI/PCIe, USB, SATA, SPI, I2C, Ethernet, Video, DVI, VGA, Display-Port, NI tools, LabVIEW, TestStand