The Quality Control Inspector performs a variety of routine inspection procedures to ensure quality at various stages of production. Inspects in-process and/or finished parts and subassemblies for conformance to quality assurance standards.
Duties and responsibilities
- Measures dimensions such as length, height and distance between reference points to ensure product meets specifications.
- Reads blueprints or engineering specifications to obtain product information such as specified material, surface finish and dimensions.
- Conduct dimensional and visual inspections of manufactured parts and assemblies in accordance with engineered drawings.
- Complete all documentation for receiving inspections.
- Sign out tools and in-process sheets for jobs being setup.
- Perform first article inspections.
- Conduct random inspections throughout the day.
- Immediately coordinate any problems with Quality Supervisor.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Mechanical Skills & Capacity
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Mathematical Skills – Proficient in shop math skills
- Communication Proficiency - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Completes work in timely manner; Works quickly.