Love your job!
Our client is expanding and seeks a Medical Physicist who will
- Develop treatment plans for patients -- including calculating dose distributions and machine settings for treatment delivery
- Direct the in-vivo dose measurement and use of measuring devices for verification of dose delivery to patients
- Assist in the clinical practice of Radiation Oncology Physics and dosimetry including equipment usage, replacement, physics and dosimetry staff recruitment, program operation, budget preparation, and ongoing review of policies and procedures
- Maintain a comprehensive QA program that ensures patients receive dosing as prescribed
- Supervise and perform acceptance testing and commissioning of all treatment-related equipment, including calibration and maintenance of all radiation producing sources
- Collaborate with other medical physicists, research scientists, radiation oncologists and postdoctoral research associates and perform research to ensure continuous improvement of treatments
- Manage the compliance of Federal and State Rules and Regulations, as well as adhere to ACRO and appropriate AAPM guidelines
- Educate clinical medical physics residents, the radiation oncology residents and the dosimetrists in training the physics of radiation therapy. Provide clinical and research guidance to the clinical medical physics residents
- do more fun and impactful things!
Exceptional compensation, benefits, work environment, and work/life balance. relocation assistance if needed.
- MS/PhD Medical Physics
- Board certification from either American Board of Radiology in Radiation Therapy Physics or Radiological Physics, American Board of Medical Physics (ABMP)