Our client is a global System Integrator with practices in numerous industry segments. We are working with them to hire ERP Implementation Specialists with manufacturing background and strong functional understanding of ERP systems in support of a rollout to plants across the eastern US and Canada.
Note that these are not technical positions per se. The ideal candidate has strong knowledge of manufacturing workflows and processes, and strong experience in using and leveraging ERP systems. The ideal candidate has background as a Production Control Manager, Materials Manager, Scheduler, etc.
Individuals that are considered "power users" and that have advanced skills with an ERP system, with strong manufacturing background are ideal for this role.
The Implementation Specialists will work onsite at at various plants in the US and Canada, and facilitate the deployment of the ERP system. Responsibilities will include:
- On-site user training
- Perform conducting system simulation / system parallels to ensure quality of implementation
- Helping with data analysis, validation, and migration
- Updating training documentation
- Go-live & post go-live on-site support
- Support for questions and needs of end users
The scope of the deployment effort spans 80+ plants across the eastern US and Canada, and involves both shop floor and back office functions. Projects average around 3 months each, with most of the work being done on site at each plant, and the overall effort is expected to take 3 years.
Key Skills / Experience
- Solid understanding of and 3 or more years experience in manufacturing or related industry is required.
- Experience as a Production Control Manager, Scheduler, and / or Materials Manager is a plus.
- Comfortable and adept with using and leveraging ERP systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in the the rollout / implmentation / upgrade of ERP systems is a huge plus.
- Prior Baan ERP experience is a plus, but not required.
Strong verbal & written communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills and easy to work with. Ability to work with and relate to a broad range of individuals ranging from executives and managers, to back office personnel, and shop floor team members.
- After initial training / onboarding, virtually all of the work will be done on site at plant locations, predominantly east of the Mississippi in the US, and in Canada. Typically, travel will involve arriving at the location sometime Monday morning, and returning home on Friday afternoon.
- Ability to travel 90% of the time is required.
- All expenses (travel, lodging, food) are covered by the company.
- While some plants are within driving distance, many are not, so individuals selected will be located near a major airport.
These are immediate needs, with the goal of having individuals start as soon as possible. Individuals selected for these roles will undergo a training program on the ERP solution as well as the business in the first 30 days before being assigned to implementations.
Our client offers very competitive compensation as well as above average benefits. Their focus is on competetent manufacturing professionals with the ability to help their clients be successful by leveraging ERP solutions. This is a GREAT opportunity to migrate from an operational role into more of a consultant / advisor role, and gain exposure to a variety of businesses and sectors.
Please contact us with interest and resume.