Summary of Position:
CNC Machinists set up and operate a variety of machine tools. They use a knowledge of mechanics, mathematics, material properties, layout, and machining procedures. Make use of measuring equipment to produce parts efficiently and within specification. They ensure that equipment is maintained in a safe and clean condition.
- Must be trained and proficient in the use of CNC Mills
- Set work offsets, load programs and touch off tools.
- Verify product before processing
- Properly and safely set up equipment to run material, to specifications.
- Process work orders using the computer system.
- Verify that product meets set up note specifications per written work instructions and record measurements (sampling plan)
- Follow the Quality Management System
- Communicate with appropriate QA Inspector/Shift Leader regarding changes/clarification to orders
- Perform equipment preventive maintenance
- Properly enter/delete material identification tags per written instructions
- Maintain a clean working environment.
- Assist in the packaging of material per written work instructions and work order
- Maintain issued measurement equipment in working condition
- Identify, record, and segregate scrap and any non-conforming material
- Provide feedback to supervision regarding machine efficiency and product quality.
- Train others when required
- Participate, support, and comply with all health, safety, quality, and Lean initiatives and requirements
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic math
- Ability to use hand-held measuring tools
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs and carry 100 feet
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to use and understand scanning technology