In this role you will manage and give support, guidance and tools to all personnel to ensure a high Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS), security and training standard at the facility. You will lead the implementation of regulatory and company Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) directives & correct safety and environmental stewardship behaviors to foster a safe and environmentally sound culture. The EHS Manager is also responsible for interfacing with the Engineering, Maintenance and Operations teams to assist in new product launches and for leading the quality assurance program for the facility. In this role, the EHS Manager will lead the site Quality team and be an active member of the site leadership team.
More specific duties available to interested and qualified parties.
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree. Applicable fields of study might be Chemistry, Biology, Environmental, Engineering or a related field.
- Must be able to communicate very effectively across all lines especially with government agencies such as the EPA.
- We need at least 5 years related manufacturing experience, strong preference for 5-8 years' experience in leading safety in the environmental, chemical, pharmaceutical, petroleum or process industries, 2+ years people management experience.
- Demonstrated strategic organizational and planning skills. Environmental experience documenting and executing against short- and long-term plans to achieve objectives.
- Experience leading, directing, and coaching managers, technical professionals, and hourly employees.
- Familiar with manufacturing production processes and driving safety within the plant environment.
- Knowledge of US safety and occupational health regulations (OSHA, EPA, NYSDES regulations),
- Experience in safety incident classification, investigation methodologies, and root cause analyses desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to develop/conduct training for both technical / management and operator level.
- Working experience with risk analysis and data-based decision-making.
- Knowledgeable of occupational safety programs, including behavioral based safety management, incident reporting, job task surveys, ergonomics; and, able to recognize health and industrial hygiene issues.
- Familiar with process safety management systems, including MOC and other elements of the OSHA PSM standard. Working familiarity with the technical aspects of process safety P&lDs, interlocks (SIS), emergency relief systems, suppression systems, etc..
- Collaborate and network with site, regional and corporate resources.
- Experience in Microsoft Office, and SIMS data management systems.