Established company in the Triad area of NC has a newly created position for a CNC Machinist to work on the day shift at their plant site. There will also be Operator responsibilities. Will be involved with process of loading / unloading CNC production machines, monitoring and gauging quality utilizing in-process checks sheets and pre-control charts. Will perform repetitive operation of CNC production machine with detailed instructions. Will suggest and follow through with improvement ideas to increase production, improve quality and safety. Manual machining is also a responsibility used for building fixturing. There are also other responsibilities associated with this position.
- CNC machinist experience
- at least 8 years of related experience
- must be mechanically inclined.
- Skilled with use of micrometers, calipers, height gauge, digital indicators, bore gauges, thread gauges and Go/No-go gauges
- Must understand unit measures of thousands and millimeters
- Documentation control utilizing pre-control charts and daily in-process check sheets experience
- Knowledge is preferred with replacing CNC tooling and changing tooling offsets
- High school diploma