Electrical Controls Engineer
Des Moines, IA
$85-95k + bonus
Our client is actively looking to hire an Electrical Controls Engineer at their Des Moines, IA location. This Electrical Engineer will work with design, component specification, programming and documentation of AC and DC electrical controls systems.
- Formulate and study technical drawings and specifications of electrical systems to ensure that installations and operations confirm to standards and customer requirements.
- Design, manage and upgrade electrical instruments, equipment, components, products and systems for commercial, industrial and domestic purposes.
- Complete detailed calculations to compute and establish manufacturing, construction and installation standards and specifications.
- Entry of parts and Bill of Materials into computer system.
- Research product electrical needs. Review regulatory requirements, develop design guidelines, technical risk management. Develop electrical system requirements to meet performance, form and fit, and cost goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electromechanical Engineering or equivalent Associates degree and experience.
- 2+ years’ experience.
- Proven background in the design, programming and documentation of electrical control systems.
- Experience with mobile equipment/off-highway equipment design, power electronics, motor control systems, wireless & electromagnetic compatibility preferred background.
- Circuit Logic, harness design experience is required.
- Experience with AC control system design is a plus.
- Solid knowledge of electrical and control engineering principals.
- Working knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Vacation, Bereavement and Holidays paid time off
- Wellness Plan
- 401(k) Plan
- ESOP bonus program
Controls Engineer, electrical systems engineer, electrical engineer, electrical design engineer, manufacturing, electronics, electrical harness, wiring, software interface, mobile equipment, off-highway equipment, power electronics, motor control systems, wireless, 12/24V DC, Electrical Simulation Tools, MRP software, Sage, Hardware Equipment, Oscilloscope, Eaton VFX, HFX, Digital Multimeter, Software Programming, Codesys, Ladder Logic, Touchscreen, AutoCad, SolidWorks, electromechanical engineering, Hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, electrical equipment, design guidelines, risk management, failure mode analysis, power electronics