: Our client is a leader in the chemicals, paints and coatings industry that has been in business for over 100 years. Their broad portfolio of material solutions helps advance their customers in many industry spaces like automotive, electronics, medical and food & beverage. While their Headquarters are based in Dallas, the company has over 7,500 employees working to serve their customer based worldwide from Amsterdam to Shanghai with over 27 production facilities, R&D and tech centers in Europe, Asia and the US with many other satellite centers.
- They have seen continuous grow and innovations with new business developments
- With multiple locations across the US, they are positioned today as an industry leader serving customers where quality, service and innovation matter.
- The company focuses on the safety of its employees, provides competitive compensation (including benefits starting day 1), and emphasizes giving back to the community.
How they appreciate their team members:
- Competitive base salary & Incentives
- Full benefits that include a great healthcare plan
- Generous 401k match
The New Product Developer is a key member of the innovation team of12, reporting directly to The New Product Development Manager. You will be responsible for development of new products for engineering thermoplastics and collaborating with cross-functional teams to commercialize these products. You will be the expert with Bio-based and renewably sourced materials and applications.
Using your strong background in polymer structure-property relationships and polymer blends, you will use analytical characterization techniques for rheological, mechanical and thermal properties of polymers. With the support of 2 field engineers and 3 lab technicians you will work towards commercialization using polymer processes including compounding with twin-screw extruders and injection molding.
Th New Product Developer, uses a variety of sources and ideation techniques to develop new technology concepts that enable new product properties as well as applications
- Develops and optimizes differentiated material solutions for mechanical, thermal, and other properties critical to the customer
- Works closely with development, commercial, and manufacturing teams to accelerate scaleup and commercialization
- Develops and establishes intellectual property through filing of patents and documenting trade secrets
Location: Greater Cincinnati, OH area.
- Ohio's largest metropolitan area and cultural hub on the banks of the Ohio River
- Fastest growing economic power in the Mid-West based on increase of economic output
- Within a days drive of almost 50% of the US populace -Home to three major sports teams
- University of Cincinnati is ranked one of the 50 largest in the US
To be successful in this critical role:
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Material Science, or Polymer Science or Engineering (or related field).
- Minimum 3 years of industry experience in thermoplastics related areas.
- Experience with formulating and processing of bio-based and renewably sourced polymeric materials and applications.
- Experience with certifications associated with bio-based and renewably sourced materials.
- Strong background in polymer structure-property relationships and polymer blends
- Working knowledge of analytical characterization techniques for rheological, mechanical and, thermal properties of polymers
- Working knowledge of polymer processes including compounding with twin screw extruders and injection molding
- Demonstrated use of design of experiments
- Excellent project management and organizational skills required to develop detailed project timelines with key milestones and deliverables