Medical Director, Internal Medicine & Infectious Disease Management - DC, GA, NY, OH, & TX
Giving life back each second, minute, hour, day, week, month, year. Our patients do more than survive, our patients thrive. Be part of the winning-team, doing the impossible and doing more than making a living; thrive in your personal, career, family, and financial goals while making it possible for your patients to do the same.
Join us in the fight to beat back AIDS/HIV. Help others to realize their life goals while you realize your own.
Give us the time of day stop to inquire and learn more about this unique medical center clinic and career opportunity. Avail patients with the latest innovations due to benefactors who believe in you and the patients you service.
Our client's mission is to provide cutting edge medicine and advocacy, regardless of ability to pay providing access for all who need them. We know who will bring the mindset, focus, passion, and excitement to the team. For this reason, the candidate consideration process moves very quickly. You won't have to wonder about your status, because you'll know. We do communication well, very well because that's what we expect of you as a candidate and potentially, as out next Medical Director. Be the captain of the ship without the private practice overhead.
Core values are:
Respect for Diversity
Fight for Whats Right
This opportunity does not allow for remote, is hands-on, and has a management productivity standard per half day clinic; scheduling will necessitate off-setting anticipated no-show rate.
The Medical Director is responsible for projecting and integrating the Mission and Core Values of the organization as well as Management Philosophy in the leadership of the Healthcare Center.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for chart review and peer review following the guidelines established by the Policies and Procedures Committee. Must review 5 charts per week per clinic. Responsible for conducting or delegating peer review of providers.
- Maintains standards for productivity set, on average seeing 20 patients per day. Ensures compliance with standard by coordinating patient scheduling to compensate for no-show rate.
- Attends medical provider meetings (at minimum, once a month) to discuss difficult patients.
- Maintains adequate provider staffing in the healthcare center to ensure smooth flow of patients. This will include coordination of vacation schedules such that not more than one provider is out on scheduled vacation.
- Maintains provider productivity to standards set by management. This will include counseling staff and trouble-shooting as necessary. Further help can be obtained by contacting the Chief of Medicine.
- Ensures attendance of healthcare center medical staff at Friday morning seminars and recommending CME (Continuing Medical Education) programs as appropriate based on peer reviews.
- Reports to Chief of Medicine at medical staff meetings on above mentioned issues.
- Responsible for day-to-day operations and decision making involving front office, nursing and case management in liaison with appropriate managers/directors.
- Responsible for the supervision of overall clinic administration.
The position of HCC Medical Director will be re-evaluated every 6 months by healthcare center staff and management for evaluation of personnel management and leadership skills.
Leadership seminars will be recommended as appropriate. In order to ensure adequate time for the execution of these responsibilities, not more than 4 hours per week may be blocked out of patient care hours. If more time is required, prior authorization must be obtained from the Chief of Medicine.
Participation in Meetings/Committees
- Medical Staff Meeting
- HIV Intercity Rounds
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- 3+ years of experience for smaller markets and 8+ years for larger markets, with complex patient care management
- Licensed Medical Doctor (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO).
Please forward resumes/CVs and compensation requirements.
Full benefits and a comprehensive approach to medical provider compensation.