While reporting to the Global Plastics FP&A Manager, you will be responsible for assisting in all phases of planning and various types of financial analysis. Some of your specific responsibilities include: assistance in strategic planning, competitive cost analysis, special project assignments, acquisition analysis and valuation as well as preparation of various pro formas as they relate to major expansions, acquisitions/divestitures. In addition, you are responsible for developing financial solutions and methods necessary to accomplish strategic goals of the Division.
As the Financial Analyst for our Global Plastics team, your responsibilities include:
- Assist the financial portion of the strategic planning process
- Perform competitive cost analysis for the division
- Responsible for assisting Division management in the preparation of cost valuations, capital project justifications, acquisition analysis, plant shutdowns or expansions, as well as various financial pro formas
- Conduct financial analysis and special project work for the division, including preparation of various pro formas, discounted cash flows, ROI’s as they related to major expansion/acquisitions/divestitures and business valuations.
- Conduct financial, information, post completion capital audits, and internal control audits
- Assist in monthly and quarterly financial projects
- Required to work closely with division and Plant management to develop ad hoc and standard computerized reporting packages via financial databases, electronic spreadsheets and PC networks to insure accomplishment of Division strategic goals.
- Familiar with techniques of statistical analysis and operations research; recommend and implement appropriate models/electronic spreadsheets to improve forecasting, planning, scheduling, and analytical.
- Assist in communications, reporting and analysis of international results.
- Responsible for reviewing submitted capital projects checking the accuracy of the justification calculations and compliance with Corporate and Division capital policy.
- Assist in the budgeting process
- Assists/coordinates with SOX requirements in the division.
- Oversees fixed asset accounting, supplemental, timely closures, etc.
- Assist with routine month end reporting, Ad-hoc plant reporting, and plant variance analysis
- Assist with preparation of Quarterly Reforecasts, Economic Bridge and explanations/commentary of variances to prior year and budget.
- Assist with training of new manufacturing and sales personnel in our accounting and financial systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position is located in Charlotte, NC.
- You are expected to have a four year degree in Accounting, Finance or Business or equivalent- Masters degree highly preferred
- Preferred Certifications: CPA, CMA
- You have a strong knowledge of our business and/or experience in other manufacturing settings