Job Title: Regional Market Manager
Job ID: BO98-19
Location: Charlotte, NC or Virtual Office ()near major airport hub)
Compensation: Base: $90K - $115K plus bonus
Benefits: Excellent Benefits, 401(k), etc.
Company and Position Summary:
Work for a world leading fully integrated silicone supplier with multiple manufacturing sites and R&D centers around the globe. The company produces a full range of silicone technology products for specialty markets covering a host of different industries. The company is looking to grow their market share with the addition of an experienced Market Manager who will lead and transform their growth plan of the rubber market in the Americas Region. Specifically, they are looking to grow market areas in automotive, construction, energy, safety cable, electronic vehicle, and cookware. This is a fantastic opportunity to start working for a great team-oriented company.
About the Job:
- The Regional Market Manager will be responsible for developing and supporting growth in the rubber business in the Americas. You will lead and transform a growth plan by setting a 5-year strategic business plan to grow the market share.
- He/she is responsible for development, implementation, and overall management of marketing plans for Americas region to align with Global Business Manager for Rubber plan.
- This person will use their regional market manager experience to work closely with sales, R&D, and production to accelerate growth of the rubber segment.
- Looking for a person that can use their skillset of impacting and influencing to lead the focus of the commercial team in support of the communicated strategy.
- He/she will establish the policy to set the market price, and then be able to analyze and provide input to sales/profitability.
- The Regional Market Manager will be responsible for the Annual Operating Plan, and lead activity regarding price, product, and promotion of company products.
- Interact with the sales team to obtain feedback and provide approval on the selling price of material.
- The position is responsible for the management of other personnel in supporting marketing and business development in the Americas, to include making employment decisions, coaching, development, and setting objectives and evaluating performance.
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field is required, or any relevant work experience of at least 7-10 years
- It is desired to have direct business experience in sales, marketing or technical support of at least 7 years.
- The Regional Market Manager must have rubber market knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge of marketing disciplines including research, analysis, positioning and strategic planning.
- Must have team leadership or supervisory experience; strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; be a team player.
- Strong project management skills to be able to work with general guidelines and keep projects on target.
- Must have a history of success in growing business to include internal tools, practices, etc., preferably in the rubber market.
- Ability to identify, define, and resolve issues related to financial goals.
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization, be able to network and influence peers and managers to meet business goals.
- Past sales experience desired to reflect customer facing experience, ability to sell and grow the business, and understand the sales side and managing customers.
- Experience working in a functional and geographic matrix environment.
- Ability to align tactical plans with financial objectives.
- Silicones technology detailed knowledge is highly desired.
- International experience preferred.
- Basic knowledge of financial planning and forecasting.
- Travel required to attend meetings and meet customers (30%). This would include some international travel.