Apply knowledge of auditing and accounting theory to plan, develop and implement audits and related assignments with a significant amount of autonomy as a member of an audit team. Participate in the scheduling, preparing, performing, reviewing and reporting functions relative to assigned auditors and the audit. All job duties and responsibilities must be carried out in compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Comply with the Code of Ethics of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Develop and conduct auditing procedures that provide for the proper study and evaluation of the system of internal controls designed to safeguard assets and ensure the accuracy and reliability of data, monitor adherence to prescribed procedures, and assess the efficiency of operations and the application of sound business practices.
- Conduct assigned audit/project in a professional manner and in accordance with an approved audit program. Assure completion of the administration of the audit, including managing the engagement memo process, the audit scope meeting, sampling, on-site interview and testing procedures, closing meetings, and report completion.
- Identify the scope of the audit and the application of analytical reviews, sampling techniques, testing procedures and the use of ITS equipment and software. Recognize the need for scope changes, where applicable, and carry out appropriate notifications and procedures to implement such changes. Lead data request activities, including the identification of data needs and documentation of data requests.
- Identify opportunities for the use of query tools. Design, develop and utilize query tools to extract and analyze data. Supervise the development of tools by auditors and senior auditors.
- Create workpapers in accordance with department standards. Review and approve working papers developed by auditors and senior auditors.
- Prepare audit reports and audit programs. Present audit findings to senior management. Ensure department reporting timelines are adhered to.
- Appraise the auditors' and senior auditors’ individual performance on an assigned audit engagement.
- Maintain and advance technical competence through self-study and company-sponsored training programs in order to better understand auditing concepts and techniques
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand and document business processes
- Ability to prepare for and manage meetings without supervision
- Knowledge of basic internal control best practices.
- College degree in Accounting or other business degree preferred
- 5-6 years auditing experience