Our client is a highly respected manufacturer of hardware technical products used in the data center environment.
They are profitable and growing.
They also have a COO who has recently had some severe health challenges, and, as a result, the are seeking to attract an experienced, successful operations leader to be their Interim COO and take charge of all matters pertaining to sales, service, finance, manufacturing, distribution and so forth...a classic Chief Operating Officer role and the "right hand" to the CEO. The duration of the assignment is unknowable at this stage, but will be at least 3 months, and could continue for a considerable length of time.
The ideal candidate:
- Experience with hard goods products that are electrical or electronic in nature
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Experience leading multinational manufacturing and distribution operations
- Experience managing and motivating leaders and individuals across multiple segments of the business
- Strong personal motivation to do exceptional things
- Currently resides in the Chicago area, or has a personal interest in being there
- Intellectually curious, persistent and patient
- Comfortable in an environment that is highly responsive to customer and market needs. In other words, this company does not hesitate to change tracks suddenly when it makes sense
- Record of professional stability, and career growth via promotion more than job changes